The Leys Community Development Initiative
Blackbird Leys Community Centre, Blackbird Leys Road,
Blackbird Leys, Oxford, OX4 6HW
Tel: 01865 395927 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
The Leys CDI Executive Committee is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
The Leys CDI complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution;
- To administer service user records;
- To promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Leys CDI;
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- When you give us explicit consent to contact you about activities, news and events.
- When processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared if funders specifically request evidence of attendance at activities they have funded. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the Leys CDI with your consent.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- We keep service user records for five years unless after five years you are still using our services.
- We keep gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Leys CDI holds about you.
- The right to request that the Leys CDI corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Leys CDI to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to request that the Leys CDI provides you with your personal data as and when possible.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable). [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact The Leys CDI Administrator, email@example.com 01865 395927.
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.