Star of CDI
“Since moving to the Leys, The Clockhouse has been a lifeline for me. I have made so many friends and attended so many activities including Boccia, singing, wheelchair dancing, art and crafts, printing and gardening and as I tell everyone, The Clockhouse is genuinely my second home”Jean (Clockhouse Member, 2023)
Born in Thame Oxfordshire, in 1939, Jean has lived and worked in Oxfordshire throughout all of her working life. She moved to the Leys in 2007 and since attending her first session at The Clockhouse (a singing session) she has now become a regular fixture of many of the CDI senior sessions.
· Favourite CDI Session: Boccia and Monday Social
· Favourite Colour: Anything bright
· Favourite Film: Cinderella
· Favourite TV programmes: Repair Shop, I’m a Celebrity, Married at First Sight and Farmer wants a Wife
· Favourite Musician: Dickie Valentine
· Favourite Song: Anything by Dickie Valentine
· Favourite Sport: Bowling
· Favourite Day of the Week: Monday (because I love seeing all my friends at Monday social)
· Favourite Holiday Destination: Ross on Wye
· Favourite Shop: Tesco’s
· Greatest ever trip: Regular holidays to South Wales
· Greatest Achievement: Winning various trophies for Wheelchair Dancing, which included dancing and meeting Princess Diana in 1992.
· If you could relive one day what would it be: Any one of my happy memories from boarding school
· Interesting fact about yourself: As well as dancing for Princess Diana as part of the “musical chair’s group”, I also had my favourite artist Dickie Valentine sing to me personally when I was 16.